Labels

Monday, July 9, 2012

Cinnamon Roll-Up

Sometimes when I get bored and have a few spare minutes, I throw together the first simple ingredients I see and just hope they turn into something delicious. This is definitely one of those recipes--I was bored, I had a half hour until I had to go out, and I saw a pre-made pie crust sitting in the fridge. So naturally, I grabbed some butter, a little sugar, and lots and lots of cinnamon!

I let the butter soften a bit, stirred in a dash of sugar and a ton of cinnamon (I LOVE cinnamon).


I rolled out the pie crust and spread the butter cinnamon concoction:
And then I just rolled it up:
And sliced it longways:
And this is where the "hope they turn into something delicious" part comes into play. I twisted together the two halves and threw it in the oven...

It actually worked! It was a light, cinnamon-y treat:
1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
1 pre-made pie crust
1 tbs sugar
3-4 tbs cinnamon (or more if you really like cinnamon like me)

Preheat oven to 350. Mix butter, sugar, and cinnamon in a small bowl. Spread butter mixture on the rolled out pie crust. Roll up the pie crust then slice long-wise. Next, twist the two strips together and lay flat on baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes or until top is golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment